Workshops and Policy and Research Discussion Series
The Bancroft Institute for Studies on Workers’ Compensation and Work Injury, in collaboration with the CRWDP National Office, continues to engage injured workers, advocates and academics through its workshops and Policy and Research Discussion series.
Bancroft Institute 2018 Symposium
- April 25-26, 2018. Keynotes: Antony Singleton and Maryth Yachnin. Workshop location: Friends House, 60 Lowther Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. Click here for more information, click here for text version of the flyer.
Videos for the following Policy and Research Discussion series are available:
- Dec 4, 2017 session: Research and Reporting on Workers' Compensation in the Precarious Economy (see flyer for details)
Speaker: Sara Mojtehedzadeh [video presentation]
Speaker: Ellen MacEachen [video presentation coming soon]
Speaker: Katherine Lippel [video presentation coming soon]
- Policy & Research Discussion series no. 6 (Nov. 17, 2016): Barriers to Return-to-Work in a Context of Social Vulnerability
Keynote speaker: Stephanie Premji [video presentation]
Ivana Petricone, Injured Worker Story [video presentation]
Panel discussion: Rebecca Gewurtz (McMaster University, School of Rehabilitation Science); Judy Kondrat (Human Rights Legal Support Centre); Debbie Coulson (International Union of Operating Engineers); Steve Mantis (Ontario Network of Injured Workers Groups) [video presentation]
Sang-Hun Mun, Injured Worker Story [video presentation]
Annie, Injured Worker Story [video presentation]
- Policy & Research Discussion series no. 5 (May 17, 2016): Mental Health Status of Ontario Injured Workers with Permanent Impairments
Keynote speaker: Fergal O’Hagan. Click here to watch the video.
Panel discussion: Nadia Collins, Margery Wardle, Mortimer Mamelak, Peri Ballantyne. Click here to watch the video.
Injured Worker Story, Seeta Correia. Click here to watch the video.
Injured Worker Story, Beryl Brown. Click here to watch the video.
Policy & Research Discussion series no. 4 (May 14, 2015): How Characteristics of Workers’ Compensation Systems Affect Doctors: A Comparative Study of Québec and Ontario. Keynote speakers: Katherine Lippel, Joan Eakin, Linn Holness, Dana Howse [video presentation]
- Policy & Research Discussion series no. 3 (Oct. 31, 2014): Interactions between Injured Workers and Insurers in Workers’ Compensation Systems. Keynote speakers: Beth Kilgour and Agnieszka Kosny [video presentation]
Research and Action Workshops:
Research and Action Workshop (October 22-23, 2015): Workers’ Compensation and Poverty: What Does the Research Show?
Wayne Lewchuk [video presentation]
Karen Messing [video presentation]
Emile Tompa [video presentation]
Peri Ballantyne [video presentation]
Bonnie Heath [video presentation]
- Research and Action Workshop (April 14-15, 2014): Has the WCB/WSIB Abandoned its Mandate? Keynote speaker: Jeffrey Hilgert
Details for the following Policy and Research Discussion series are available:
Policy & Research Discussion series no. 7 (Oct 3, 2017): Pre-existing or related? Workplace injury and chronic health conditions. Keynote speakers - Becky Casey and Peri Ballantyne. Click here to access the flyer (pdf), click here to access the flyer (word).
Policy & Research Discussion series no. 2 (Oct. 10, 2013): “Unjust by Design” (administrative justice). Keynote speaker: Ron Ellis
- Policy & Research Discussion series no. 1 (May 7, 2013): From Disability to Welfare. Keynote speaker: John Stapleton
Source: Bancroft Institute webpage on the Injured Workers Online website: http://injuredworkersonline.org/workers-compensation/research-and-education/bancroft/