by CRWDP members
Accessibility in Practice and Work
This presentation was made on June 16th, 2022, as part of the Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) & Indigenous Health Equity Speaker Series at McMaster University.
Reflecting on personal experience and research, join for a panel of noteworthy scholars to discuss how our assumptions underpin our understanding of accessibility within our institution. The session will touch on general strategies and practices to support disability confidence within clinical and workplace settings, building capacity for inclusive spaces.
- Dr. Emile Tompa, MA, MBA, PhD, Health and Labour Economist, Associate Professor, Department of Economics & Director, Centre for Research on Work Disability Policy
- Dr. Susan Guenther-Mahipaul, Occupational Therapist & Advocate, Disability and Health Navigation
- Dr. Rebecca Gewurtz, OT Reg. (Ont.), PhD, Associate Professor, School of Rehabilitation Sciences
- Dr. Julia Hanes, BHSc, MD, University of Ottawa
Moderator: Dr. Matt Freeman, Assistant Clinical Professor (Adjunct), Rehabilitation Science
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Identify current assumptions of accessibility and how these underpin our understanding of accessibility in the workplace and clinical environments
- Analyze challenges and frustrations of persons with disabilities in the workplace and clinical environments as clients as well as employees
- Apply strategies in a workplace and clinical employment to increase accessibility for persons with disabilities
- Demonstrate allyship for persons with disabilities
Presentation link: https://www.macvideo.ca/media/Accessibility+in+Practice+and+Work/1_h3eps5dp
Moving through the crossroads: An approach to improving the employment prospects of people with disabilities
Author: Cameron Crawford
The presentation was made on November 6, 2018 at the Canadian Research Data Centre Network Annual Conference
L’exercice du droit au travail au Québec et au Manitoba. Un état de situation comparé des politiques à partir de la Convention de l’ONU
Author: Normand Boucher
This presentation was made at the workshop Regards croisés sur le handicap en contexte francophone, 12-15 juin 2018, Université de Saint-Boniface, Manitoba, Canada, Winnipeg, Canada.
La perception du marché du travail par les personnes ayant des incapacités à l’emploi et en recherche d’emploi
This poster was presented on May 4, 2018 at Conférence sur l’experience en en emploi et en recherche d’emploi des personnes ayant des incapacités.
A time for reflection: international work disability policy challenges and directions
The presentation was made on April 30, 2018 at the International Congress on Occupational Health (ICOH) conference, Dublin, Ireland. The findings were presented that derive from the forthcoming book edited by Dr. MacEachen, "The Science and Politics of Work Disability Prevention", representing an international comparative analysis of work disability policy.
Centre for Research on Work Disability Policy: Mission, Structure and Key Activities
Author: Normand Boucher
The presentation was made on Feb 9, 2018 at McGill Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism
Why the Centre for Research on Work Disability Policy Matters: Reflections from Newfoundland and Labrador
The presentation was made at the Occupational and Environmental Medical Association of Canada (OEMAC) 35th Annual Scientific Conference, June 11-13, 2017