Firat joined the PhD program at the DeGroote School of Business in September 2013. He is supervised by Dr. Isik Zeytinoglu. His research interests include labour-market condition and job satisfaction of persons with disabilities and integration of recent immigrants into the Canadian workforce. He is going to lead a 4-year project funded by Centre for Research on Work Disability Policy that examines the population characteristics and labour-market conditions of persons with disabilities, “Income security and labour-market engagement: Envisioning the future of disability policy in Canada.”
- PhD, Management of Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources, McMaster University (expected graduation date – 2017)
- M.B.A., Management and Change, Carleton University
- B.A., Economics, Bogazici University
Publications and Presentations
Sayin, Firat. “Human capital of newcomers: Toward an integrated conceptual framework / Le capital humain des nouveaux arrivants: vers un cadre conceptuel intégré”, Canadian Industrial Relations Association, St. Catharines, Ontario, May 2014.
Prior to starting the program, Firat worked in contact centre, consulting and education industries in Canada and Turkey.
- Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC)
- Canadian Industrial Relations Association (CIRA)