School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia
Our Strategic Direction: 2013 – 2018
The School’s 2013 – 2018 Strategic Plan is a living document that will guide the School’s priorities, decision-making and academic and budget decisions in the coming five years. It aligns with the UBC Faculty of Medicine’s strategic plan (Our Strategic Direction) and UBC’s Place and Promise strategic plan.
To provide a vibrant interdisciplinary academic environment at a critical time in the development of public health in Canada.
We will be an integrated population/public health teaching, research and practice collective that attracts the very best to join us.
We create, share and apply knowledge to protect and improve well being and to promote equity in the health of people and communities at home and around the world.
- We believe every person has the right to achieve best possible health.
- We welcome and respect diversity in people, experiences and disciplines.
- We are guided by the priorities of the people and communities we serve.
- We believe in lifelong learning.
- We understand the future lies in the hands of learners.
- We expect honesty, integrity, trust and accountability from ourselves and our partners.
To fulfill our mission and goals, the School has made four commitments with supporting goals and actions that will assist us in realizing our vision for the future:
604 822 2772Fax:
604 822 4994CRWDP Contact:
Cecilia GruberCRWDP Contact Email: http://www.spph.ubc.ca